Pages

Friday 12 February 2016

The Purpose of Karate Training

Chinese Gardens, Naha, Okinawa







People choose to take up Karate training for many reasons, namely being fitness and exercise, but there are those who want to turn their life around with it. There are people who want more out of life, like discipline, self-restraint, control on all matters of life, and generally being a good person. Karate does all of this if person wants and you get to be fit and in shape. The biggest reason to take up Karate should be to be a better person because that is what the inventors of Karate wanted the purpose to be. 

Meitoku Yagi called his style Meibukan or "The House of The Pure Minded Warrior" because that is what he wanted his students to be, role models of society. The first lesson taught is that be passionate towards those who are weaker than you and always avoid a physical confrontation unless necessary. Learning something that is potentially violent but teaches the value of human life. Karate teaches balance, it teaches how to breathe, and it teaches compassion. 

Karate training is not only physical but spiritual as well. Your teacher or Sensei is your guide to a more balanced life. But it is hard to find teachers that can fulfill these requirements, so always do your research on a school before you join it, because there are fakes out there trying to take your money. There are a lot of good Karate schools out there, always be sure to pick one that matches your needs and be sure to check this blog for more info on Karate.Here are some other Martial Arts blogs for more information,http://www.ikigaiway.com/,http://www.karatebyjesse.com/.

Bruce Lee Impersonation
Samurai Impersonation

4 comments:

  1. Those values are all very important, I can see why you have dedicated so much of your life to karate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I never took Karate lessons professionally, my dad did. As result of being a restless child, he used to train with me and teach me the skills of the discipline in order to channel my energy towards something other than running in circles and chasing the dog around the house. Everyone has their own reasons for doing things, and karate fit for me (even just informal training). It is hard to find the right teacher for the job, my dad just happened to be the right fit, no matter how frustrated I got at times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't dabbled in Karate since I was probably 8, but I would be more than willing to pick it up again. From what I can remember, it definitely instilled me with a sense of discipline and purpose, which I think are important life skills for any age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martial Arts always contain some exalted spirit, which I think is the core value of it and makes martial arts people strong.

    ReplyDelete